We offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Sysco is at the heart of food and service.
This is an Operations position responsible for supervising the activities associated with day warehouse operations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the supervision of product receiving, product replenishment, ensuring the safety and security of the warehouse and providing management and direction to warehouse staff.
- Supervises the daily work and safety of employees engaged in receiving, replenishing and storing inbound products, including all warehouse functions, receivers and day forklift operators.
- Manages the daily functions of Will Call, including but not limited to, replenishment, selection, and loading of products while maintaining proper temperature controls and Quality Assurance guidelines.
- Oversees labor hours and consumable supplies within budget.
- Prepares work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
- Inspects the proper utilization of Company assets in support of the warehouse.
- Coordinates required repairs with proper departments as necessary.
- Reviews day warehouse functions and various warehouse productivity reporting.
- Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with implementation of changes within day warehouse.
- Conducts receiving and location audits daily ensuring all required receiving documentation is accurately completed (including Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), food safety and catch-weight documentation) and that material is checked in and stored correctly with a minimum potential for loss.
- Coordinates communication between third party unloading service, inbound scheduling and warehouse management to ensure efficient inbound operations.
- Assists with monitoring sanitation and facility/racking damage to ensure a safe and clean warehouse.
- Aids with the training of new associates, including cross-training of existing associates.
- Sets up the warehouse in support of night operation and communicates any warehouse shift issues.
- Preserves associate relations through regular department or pre-shift meetings.
- Maintains on-going interaction.
- Keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures.
- Monitors associate morale.
- Submits ideas and reacts to ideas to increase survey ratings.
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates efforts with the Safety department to aid in training, conducting associate observations, up-dating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes and routine safety inspections.
- Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
- Executes management functions of staff selection, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Performs the duties of employees supervised and other related duties as needed.
- Complies with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, AIB, FDA, USDA, etc.)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 2 or 4-year college degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management or similar major preferred.
- 1-3 years related experience and/or training.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
- Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco within 3 months.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Able to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Can add, subtracts, multiply, and divides into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate knowledge of spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs.
- Successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments and shifts proactively and constructively
- Work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
- Regularly exposed to wet, hot, extreme cold and/or humid conditions; and moving mechanical parts.
- The employee works non- traditional business hours including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Occasionally be required to travel to other Operating Companies or the corporate office as business needs dictate (i.e. training, business continuation, etc.).
- Periodically exposed to high, precarious places.
- Sometimes exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and the level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and is subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.