The 2018 NGLCC International Business & Leadership Conference in Philadelphia, PA was a sold-out triumph of LGBT business success. This world-renowned, four-day conference delivered innovative leadership programming as well as networking and engagement opportunities for more than 1,200 LGBT and allied business leaders. Cutting-edge educational programs will included inspiring keynote speakers, the annual B2B Boot Camp for certified LGBT Business Enterprises (LGBTBEs), a local chamber development track, Marketplace Expo, one-on-one Matchmaker meetings between suppliers and Fortune 500 companies, and much more.
Presenting Sponsors for the 2018 NGLCC International Business & Leadership Conference were American Airlines, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and EY.
“The entrepreneurial spirit of the LGBT community has helped make NGLCC the global leader in promoting LGBT business opportunity for nearly two decades. We are thrilled to have brought our Conference to Philadelphia, a city that puts its rich diversity at the heart of everything it does. Together, we spent a week celebrating and elevating America’s estimated 1.4 million LGBT business owners, the more than $1.7 trillion they add to the U.S. economy annually, and the corporations and global allies who support their success every day. The LGBT business community left a lasting emotional and financial impact on the City of Brotherly Love and Sisterly Affection,” said NGLCC Co-Founder & President Justin Nelson.
Agenda highlights of the 2018 NGLCC International Business & Leadership Conference included:
- Martha Stewart, media icon, entrepreneur, and LGBT ally, providing a luncheon keynote on her legendary career in business
- Special remarks on the importance of including of LGBT Business Enterprises (LGBTBEs) in public and private sector contracting by Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf and Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney
- Inspiring mainstage panels featuring diverse industry leaders: LGBT UNITY: A Must- Have Conversation; Race, Intersectionality, and Opportunity in the LGBT Community; and Supplier Diversity 360: an in-depth look at the future of supplier diversity through the eyes of the leadership of the top certifying organizations
- $50,000 in cash and prizes awarded at the seventh annual NGLCC LGBT Biz Pitch Competition, NGLCC’s LGBT version of Shark Tank
- Thrilling conversations and commitments to NGLCC Global’s work promoting LGBTI human right through economic inclusion with world leaders, including: Her Excellency Karin Olofsdotter, Ambassador of Sweden to the United States; The Honorable François-Philippe Champagne, Canada’s Minister of International Trade; and The Honorable Randy Boissonnault, Special Advisor to the Prime Minister of Canada on LGBTQ2 Issues
- Over 50 workshops, learning sessions, mentorship meetings, networking engagements, and more designed to connect LGBT business owners to life-changing contracting opportunities
“We had more certified LGBT Business Enterprises, along with more corporate and government agency buyers meeting them, than ever before at any NGLCC Conference — a powerful statement that the LGBT business community is here to stay, and that NGLCC will always be their champion,” said NGLCC Co-Founder & CEO Chance Mitchell.